Results for: Related PolyU Courses LGT6202: Stochastic Models and Decision under Uncertainty Remove constraint Related PolyU Courses: LGT6202: Stochastic Models and Decision under Uncertainty
Operations Research (OR) is a field in which people use mathematical and engineering methods to study optimization problems in Business and Management, Economics, Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, etc. This course introduces frameworks and ideas about various types of optimization problems in the business world. In particular, we focus on how to formulate real business problems into mathematical models that can be solved by computers.
Despite the recent increase in computing power and access to data over the last couple of decades, our ability to use the data within the decision making process is either lost or not maximized at all too often, we don't have a solid understanding of the questions being asked and how to apply the data correctly to the problem at hand.
This course has one purpose, and that is to share a methodology that can be used within data science, to ensure that the data used in problem solving is relevant and properly manipulated to address the question at hand.
Accordingly, in this course, you will learn:
- The major steps involved in tackling a data science problem.
- The major steps involved in practicing data science, from forming a concrete business or research problem, to collecting and analyzing data, to building a model, and understanding the feedback after model deployment.
- How data scientists think!
- Course related:
- LGT6801 Guided Study in Logistics I, LGT6202: Stochastic Models and Decision under Uncertainty, LGT6802 Guided Study in Logistics II, and LGT6803: Guided Study in Logistics III
- Business Information Technology and Computing
- Electronic data processing Data mining Problem solving
- Resource Type: