Results for: Related PolyU Courses COMP3011 Design and Analysis of Algorithms Remove constraint Related PolyU Courses: COMP3011 Design and Analysis of Algorithms
This course explores the concepts and algorithms at the foundation of modern artificial intelligence, diving into the ideas that give rise to technologies like game-playing engines, handwriting recognition, and machine translation. Through hands-on projects, students gain exposure to the theory behind graph search algorithms, classification, optimization, reinforcement learning, and other topics in artificial intelligence and machine learning as they incorporate them into their own Python programs. By course’s end, students emerge with experience in libraries for machine learning as well as knowledge of artificial intelligence principles that enable them to design intelligent systems of their own.
- Course related:
- COMP3011 Design and Analysis of Algorithms, COMP1001 Problem Solving Methodology in Information Technology, COMP4434 Artificial Intelligence, and COMP2011 Data Structures
- Human-Computer Interaction and Computing
- Computer programming Computer science Python (Computer program language) Artificial intelligence
- Resource Type:
In this card, we are going to help you understand the general concept of Binary Search.
Binary Search is one of the most fundamental and useful algorithms in Computer Science. It describes the process of searching for a specific value in an ordered collection.
Terminology used in Binary Search:
(1) Target - the value that you are searching for
(2) Index - the current location that you are searching
(3) Left, Right - the indicies from which we use to maintain our search Space
(4) Mid - the index that we use to apply a condition to determine if we should search left or right