This video series is designed to teach bench researchers how scientists develop and execute strategy. Content includes an overview of how scientific enterprises use business strategy such as determining value proposition, identifying stakeholders, and defining vision. Concepts will be reinforced using practical examples from academic and industry settings.
In 17 episodes, Anna Akana will teach you entrepreneurship skills to help you start and run a small business. This course is based on a college-level curriculum with a variety of reference texts, including the Strategyzer Business Model Canvas. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
(1) Evaluate the quality of an idea and take steps to turn it into a small business
(2) Understand the legal basics of business entity formation, sales, costs, and other finances
(3) Develop a clear value proposition for your business and customer relationships
(4) Navigate other businesses, including both competition and key partners
(5) Define success for yourself as an entrepreneur, and recognize failure