In this video, Prof. Christine Bruce explains the seven things you should pay attention to when you plan the information needs of your research.
(1) Use information and communication technology to be really up to date with what's happening.
(2) Encounter different types of sources and knowing when it's important to use them. Not only academic literature but also people, social media, the environment, visual information, sound, anything that might inform you.
(3) Create your processes to tackle problems or make decisions.
(4) Connect information of all kinds that you encounter with specific projects, problems, or areas of interest.
(5) Build your knowledge base about your fields of study.
(6) Use your creativity and intuition to do something new.
(7) Seventhly using information wisely for the benefit of others.